Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome Villagers

Welcome to the SC Village, a collaborative prayer website for the students of Southwestern College. My name is Molly Komlofske and I am starting this blog as a part of my campus ministry internship for the Spring of 2011. I am passionate about prayer, and even more passionate about seeing students engage in prayer and community. This is a project that is meant to be organic in nature -- you aren't going to be "accountable" to a higher power, you aren't being graded or judged, there is no "quota" that must be met for this project. Rather, it's a leading of the Holy Spirit...

This project is simply a call to prayer through daily community rhythm. Prayer rhythms help center your day around prayer...to say the least, it's meshing your life into the rhythm of God's.

I decided to call this "SC Village" because a village, to me at least, has the connotation of an intimate community. I want to invite you into that community, and here is how...

1. Last semester, two of my friends and I started doing prayer rhythms together. We decided that we wanted to be committed to God, prayer and community. Prayer rhythms are various in nature, but this is what we did (on a whim, I might add):

When we woke up: we would say a small, simple prayer by ourselves to begin the day
12:00/Noon: Pray together at lunch
10:00 PM: Have an evening prayer time together in which we prayed for specific campus groups at Southwestern and for one another.

2. I want to invite you all into this....with your friends, roommates, dorm-mates, etc. I want to ask if you to create a small group (Think 2 people and above).

3. Commit to recapping your day and praying together on certain evenings at the same time each night. My friends and I pray together Mon-Thurs. evenings at 10 PM. But you could organize this however you wanted (every other evening, Sunday-Friday, etc.)

4. I will keep this blog updated throughout the semester with new ways to pray, so check back frequently...

5. Don't just follow everything word, for word on this blog -- feel free to be as creative or simple as you want.

6. Share your ideas, e-mail them to me at faith@sckans.edu

7. Throughout the semester we will have larger prayer rallies where ALL groups will be invited to come together for musical worship and corporate prayer...

8. Like I said earlier, you won't be asked to give weekly updates, I really want your group to be your group! However, in order to keep track of who we should keep up with as corporate gatherings come along, I would ask that you would consider e-mailing me at faith@sckans.edu and letting me know that you are starting a group. You don't even have to tell me who is in it :). Just that you could be a contact person.

9. Enjoy! If you have questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me

10. See the THREE LOVE PRAYER below...a prayer rhythm I would like to first invite you into...


No comments:

Post a Comment